Sunday, April 15, 2007

Prior Lake-Savage Native American Family Meeting

On Thursday evening, April 12, I was invited to speak at the Family Meeting of Native American students at the Prior Lake-Savage School District. The evening started with a pot luck dinner, enjoyed by the parents and students attending. After dinner I gave my presentation, which was a mix of Paul's story and "Hidden Heritage", and also how I got involved in writing the book. Some people find that equally interesting, since I had no connection to Paul prior to starting the book.

I brought along several Brule'/AIRO CDs and played them throughout the evening. As usual, those who hadn't heard Paul's beautiful music before were instant fans. And once again, my photocards from South Dakota gained a fair amount of attention. The set of "Lakota Images" were very popular with the students.

I want to thank Sheri Jacobs for inviting me to speak, and also John Walsh for putting together the potluck dinner. Both Sheri and John work for the Prior Lake-Savage school district in student services and do a fabulous job there. I really enjoyed the evening!

Next up is a visit to a charter school in Tucson, Arizona!
Blessings,
Barbara

No comments: