Friday, March 30, 2007

Bloomington Book Festival

On Saturday, March 24th, I took part in the Bloomington Book Festival at the brand new Bloomington Arts Center. The facility is very impressive, a beautiful new building. Thirty-three authors were featured at the festival this year. There were several writing workshops offered in the morning and authors were invited to do readings of their work.

I brought several copies of "Hidden Heritage...the Story of Paul LaRoche" for my book table. It never fails--Paul's stunning photo on the cover always gets attention from passersby. I have to commend MORI Studio of Minneapolis for their great design work, both on the cover and the layout of the interior. I can't tell you how many compliments I receive on the cover alone!

Since the weather was unusually warm for March, the attendance for the book festival was down this year. I did however have a nice surprise when three girlfriends from high school (we won't say what year, but back then it was Wadena High School in north-central Minnesota), showed up to check out the festival. I want to thank Irene Nelson, from Richfield, Eileen Westland, from Perham, and Marsha Karam, from Nevis, for stopping by to see my book table.

I am happy to say that my photocards received quite a bit of positive feedback as well. I brought both sets of the South Dakota series along and sold several packages. Both the "Holy Name Chapel" and the "Lakota Images" sets seem to be favorites with people.

A special thanks to Kate Pettit with the Bloomington Art Center for all her hard work in organizing the 2007 book festival! My next appearance will be at the Prior Lake-Savage Schools on April 12, 2007, with Sharon Boyer-Jacobs, Student Services Coordinator.

With our wonderful 81 degrees on Monday, I think we can safely say spring is on the way!
Blessings,
Barbara

No comments: