Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bloomington Writers Festival & Book Fair

Saturday was the 5th Annual Writers' Festival & Book Fair in Bloomington, MN. Held at the beautiful Bloomington Art Center, it was a wonderful day of celebration of the literary arts. There were over 45 writers in attendance, with several more giving workshops throughout the day. Faith Sullivan, a well-known Minnesota author, was the keynote speaker...a great way to kick-off the day!

Once again, it was a great opportunity to network with other writers and meet new people. And as often the case, I also ran into a few friends...Milt Adams from Beaver's Pond Press, Gillette from Borealis Bookstore in Wadena, and a few other familiar faces.

I tried something new this time to help stimulate book sales. For each book sold, I gave away one of my photo notecards. People always have such good comments about the cards, and I felt it added something special to the sale. Plus it gave me a chance to share a little bit about the places where the proceeds from the card sales are sent, such as the Lower Brule Boys & Girls Club in South Dakota and Missions to Latin America in Guerrero, Mexico.

To top it off, my hubby John stopped by with a salad from Byerly's and had lunch with me, which is always appreciated!

The snow has finally melted...April showers are gently coming down as I write. Mmm, the fresh scent of spring rain just outside my window!
Blessings,
Barbara

No comments: