Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Working Weekend


We had our first camping weekend of the summer this Memorial Weekend. It felt great to get outdoors and spend some time around a campfire again. We went to northern Minnesota with three other couples, just like we've done the past three years. Typically the focus of our weekend getaways is to ride Harleys (well, one couple has a Honda motorcycle) during the day and gather around the warmth of a campfire in the evening. (Actually the Honda guy brings the firewood, so we have to let him ride with the Harleys!)

I had a lot of writing to get done over the weekend, so I decided to stay back and write while the others went riding. It worked out really well and I was able to accomplish quite a bit...thanks to my helper, Abbie...our Golden Retriever. I think if she has her way, she'll be going with us every time!
Next on my mind is graduation...our youngest is graduating from Lakeville North High School is less than two weeks!
Barbara

No comments: