Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good Things To Come

I'm excited! Super excited, even. Do you want to know why? I have this sense of good things to come in 2010, more specifically in the first half of 2010...and here's why:

A) I entered Seeds of Salton in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest on the advice of my editor, Susanne Lakin, who entered one of her books last year. She made it to the top 100 (which is quite an accomplishment!), and had tons of fun connecting with other writers as the contest progressed. The contest is decided through four stages of elimination with the winner being announced June 10th.

B) I just registered for the Northern Colorado Writers Conference in Fort Collins, Colorado, March 26 & 27, 2010. They have a great line-up of speakers, authors, agents, editors--the works, packed into a two-day conference. I'm really looking forward to attending a new conference, after having attended the Southern California Writers Conference (San Diego) in 2007 and 2008. Last year I was unable to make it to a conference and really missed it engaging with new writing friends. My plan is to drive, rather than fly, so I'll be praying for mild, sunny weather come March!

C) I also signed up for the (amazing!) Landscape and Literature writing retreat hosted by author Page Lambert at the Vee Bar Guest Ranch near Laramie, Wyoming. Actually a thought just occurred to me...maybe when I leave the NCWC conference in March, I should drive right to Laramie and park my car at the entrance to the Vee Bar and wait until May 29th when it starts! So yes, you can tell I am excited about spending five days in a creek-side mountain cabin, journaling, riding horse, talking writing, and finding that "voice" inside.

All of that only takes me to June. Who knows what could happen the rest of the year! :)

Barbara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.