Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother's Day

As Mother's Day draws near and people are searching for the right gift, I have two books from the Cup of Comfort series and one titled Blessings for Mothers that may be just what you're looking for.  They are all anthologies, with a collection of stories from various writers including myself.

A Cup of Comfort for Mothers & Sons is just that...a collection of stories written for mothers and sons.  My story Some Distance Now Required shares a story about my son David at a time he changed from this 'sweet, affectionate little boy' to a 'standoffish young man' at the start of seventh grade.  Needless to say, it caught me complete off-guard! 


In A Cup of Comfort for Single Moms each submission shares a heartfelt story for single mothers.  My story A Home Built for Three shares a time in my life when I purchased my first home.  As a fairly new single parent this was our chance to establish a new 'home' after moving from Tennessee back to Minnesota when my daughters were only five and eight years old.


In Blessings for Mothers I wrote a story from the perspective of a step-mom when I married a man with three kids and we became a blended family of 'yours, mine, and ours.'  Imagine taking six kids on a 27-hour drive from Minneapolis to Florida in an RV that "claimed" to sleep eight. I worried what those circumstances would unleash--especially with four teenage girls on board.  Rather than arguments or complaints, our two week vacation went by smooth as silk, and today ten years later, all six kids enjoy reminiscing about that trip. 




To say we've been blessed as a family is an understatement...

If you're interested in any of these books, send an email or give a call!

Blessings,
Barbara

The Cup of Comfort books are edited by Colleen Sell and published by Adams Media.  Blessings for Mothers is from Regal Publishing.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/barbara.marshak

No comments: