Sunday, June 6, 2010

Little Laramie

It was a long drive out to the Vee Bar Ranch west of Laramie, but the entirety of the experience was well worth it.  I have many fun and wonderful things to share about the Vee Bar staff, the other writers/riders I met, and the adventures of a greenhorn (that would be me!) riding horse in Wyoming . . . but I'm simply too tired tonight. 

I got home from Wyoming at 1 a.m. Friday morning, only to leave Friday afternoon for a weekend camping trip with the hubby to entertain some of his employees with a BBQ Saturday evening.  So tonight I'm simply going to share a poem (keep in mind, I really don't write poetry!) from an afternoon in the Adirondack chair in front of my cabin, not five yards from the Little Laramie River, still swollen and rushing with winter's snows and spring rains. 

Little Laramie                                                                                                                                 

Little Laramie, where you oft' to girl?
In such a big hurry, your brown water a'swirl.
'Round each crooked bend you go,
Splashin' and rollin' over rocks and stones.

Are you lookin' for your sister?
The Big Laramie, or where she might be?
Maybe she's over that mountain or across that next ridge.
Perhaps farther west, where so many hearts are called.

Keep on rushing, Little Laramie.
Under the light of sun, stars, or moon.
May you find your way through this valley, long through it is.

I too am on a journey in life.
A little unsure the path the Creator has planned.
So I'll listen to your pretty music outside my door,
And wonder . . . will the answer come tonight.

More to come later!
Barbara

No comments: