Friday, March 7, 2008

Upcoming Events in the Twin Cities

I have two fun events coming up in the next several weeks. First, I've been invited to be a guest speaker with a book club right here in my hometown of Lakeville. Long time friend Jane Hotzler is hosting the book club event, Tuesday, March 25th, at her home (which just happens to be only a few blocks from mine!) The ten ladies in this book club have all read Hidden Heritage and are meeting to discuss the book. This is the first time I've participated in this type of a more intimate venue and I'm really looking forward to hearing from all the ladies and finding out their thoughts. Of course a setting like this has to have Paul's beautiful music playing in the background, so I will make sure to bring along the Brule'/AIRO CDs!

Also on the horizon is the Bloomington Writers' Festival & Book Fair, Saturday, April 5, 2008. This is held at Bloomington's beautiful new Arts Center and runs all day Saturday with numerous events going on throughout the day. Classes, speakers, workshops, readings, book sales, and more! Keynote speaker Faith Sullivan will kick-off the day at 9:30 am. It's a wonderful chance to network with the 46 published authors in attendance and check out all the different types of genres represented. Once again, it'll be a great day to celebrate the literary arts!

The other upcoming event I am awaiting with desperate anticipation is the arrival of spring! The view out my window is still completely white, I had to shovel several inches of snow this week, and I'll have you know it was below zero again last night. When, oh when, I wonder, will spring make its grand appearance??

Barbara

No comments: