Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Full Plate

As I look at the calendar (in disbelief!), wondering how on earth it can be November already, I feel like my desktop is like a Thanksgiving Day dinner, complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and the works. In other words, I have a full plate.  Here's a sample of what's crossed my desk in the last few months:
  • Prairie Promises, published in September in Talking Stick-Volume #19, a literary journal
  • Lost Letters (the article) appeared in the Sept/Oct issue of RFD-TV The Magazine
  • A Special Gift appeared in the Nov/Dec issue of RFD-TV The Magazine
  • Lost Letters (the story) will be included in Award Winning Western Tales, an anthology published by Moonlight Mesa Associates, with a January 2011 release date
  • Bad River, the article, will be in the Jan/Feb issue of RFD-TV The Magazine
  • Press release and promos for the Michael Franzese event, The Good, The Bad, The Forgiven
  • Press release for Brule's appearance in the Tournament of Roses Parade, January 2011
  • Copy for Brule media kit, an impressive color packet and video collection showcasing the stirring dance and music of the Brule' entourage
  • Intro letter for Brule' sent to the 580 recognized American Indian tribes, inviting representatives to appear with Brule' in Pasadena on January 1st at the Rose Parade
  • A Passion for Youth, appeared in the Winter issue of the Trinity Trumpet
And looking ahead, these still cover my desk:
  • Cries on the Prairie (same story as Prairie Promises but with a different premise)  for the Lake Region Review
  • The Quarry, short-short story for the Writer's Digest contest
  • Holy Name Chapel, the next article for RFD-TV The Magazine
  • Michigan & Rookie...Guardians of the Night, my current book project
As I've shared before, MI & Rookie is the remarkable story of Joaquin Guerrero, a cop and his K9 partner Rookie, dedicated to serving their community as the eyes and ears of the night in Saginaw, Michigan. 


In fact, I've decided to escape next week "up north" to the cabin on Lower Whitefish Lake.  There's nothing like shutting out the world and spending four full days in solitude writing.  No errands to run, no emails or Internet.  Just my notes from Joaquin and my laptop.  Well, and my thesaurus.  Okay, and a dictionary.  You get the picture. 

So if you can't get a hold of me next week, I'll be cozied up in the cabin, the beautiful lake out my window, hard at work...and lovin' it!  (Unless we get another foot of snow and I can't get there...)  And when I get home it'll be time to enjoy that delicious Thanksgiving Day dinner, all thanks to the wonderful deli at Lunds & Byerly's! 

Blessings,
Barbara

No comments: